Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So Gross!

So, you know how when you get sick, and are puking your guts up? If you happen to throw up soon after eating, it's like months before you can ever eat that particular meal again. It doesn't matter if it's your favorite bowl of Cherrios, every time you think about it, your stomach does some Lukin gymnastic move, and you put the box right back on the shelf. Heath got sick after a Christmas party 10 years ago, and he still will not eat salmon. In fact all you have to do is say the word, and he starts in gagging.

Well, this morning, we woke up to two sick children. It was quite the morning. Woke up thirty minutes before the alarm (curses!) and almost stepped on Terry who was sleeping in the floor by my side of the bed. That's a first for him. Went to go get the kids up an hour later, and couldn't find Daniel. Seriously. Not until Malcolm went to the bathroom did we find him. He looked like he was passed out cold. Been watching "House" the last few days, so I went into doctor mode. He suddenly woke up with a start, and went on like nothing was unusual. Said his stomach hurt, but I figured it was because he didn't like dinner last night, so he didn't eat much. They all ate breakfast, and suddenly as soon as it was over, I hear "Mooooooooom! I fink I need to frow up!" Why do they stand there and tell me? Just go get the business done! I look up to see Heath Jr. standing in the hallway, holding his mouth for all he's worth. Wasn't it the other kid that spent the night hugging the toilet? Does Heath make it to the toilet? All mom's should know that answer. For those of you who don't, the answer is a big, fat, NO! So the tired, pregnant lady gets to clean a mess first thing in the morning. I can't hardly bend over any more! We keep the bathroom door closed at all times, because Paulee believes the toilet bowl was installed for her personal pleasure. I opened the door and began to swoon. Remember the beginning of this post? I wasn't the one that puked up my life's worth of food, but I will not be eating Bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with parmesan cheese and spinach for the rest of the year, and possibly the rest of the century. UGH!

2 comments: