Thursday, May 23, 2013

She Thought I was an Axe Murderer?

~Please welcome my precious friend and sister at heart, Stephanie from Bowmania.  We have been thriving in the trenches of Motherhood together for three years now, all because she wanted someone to make her a cute gown for her upcoming delivery.

 
My friend is an axe murderer?

How many of you have heard that line before? Everyone online is not who they say they are? Can you really trust a person that you don’t really “know” in real life?
How do you know that is the person she says she is?

I am here to tell you that there are good people on the other side of the screen.


Our friendship started with a tweet.




From there we talked more.
Talking about maternity gowns for the hospital.
Then my little guy had to come early.

The whole reason we started talking didn’t happen, or so I thought.

Over time our tweets became chats on facebook. Then texts and phone calls.
The other person on the other side of that little profile picture was real.
So very real.

How does one have such a friendship with someone that lives 1,182 miles apart?

It’s all because of God’s grace.
He placed this sweet lady into my life knowing full well that I needed her.
We talk, cry, laugh, and pray together.
We encourage and speak truth when needed.


Am I sad that we live so far apart?
Yes indeed.
But I know that one day we will be together forever.
We are sisters in Christ and that bond is a bond like no other.


Don’t be afraid to connect with people online. Use caution, of course. But remember not everyone online is out to get you. There really are REAL people behind those tiny profile pictures.

 

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment