Tuesday, April 1, 2014

How Essential Oils are Entering our Home

I have to tell you, I love my newest adventure. I took the plunge and jumped into the world of essential oils.  After much research, thought, and prayer, I joined the Young Living Essential Oils' team.  From learning what oils to use when, convincing skeptical teens I'm not poisoning them, and being brave enough to let go of "what we've always done" treatments, it has been quite the experience for our family. One that we LOVE.




So from time to time, I will be sharing with you how we are getting rid of the harsh chemicals in our household, and learning to use products that are natural, from God's creation,  and good for our health and well being. So to start this series off, let me share with you where I started.

Our home is full of migraine sufferers, allergy victims, and insomniacs. And as we have been raising our children, we have become less enthused about over-the-counter meds and other conventional treatments. There just seemed to be something not right about giving our then four year old heavy duty pain meds for her migraine. But what do you do as your baby is screaming at you to "make it stop"? Enter in some good friends, more research, and a parent's desire to do just that. Make it all stop.

It was only two days after my starter package from Young Living arrived that we had our first migraine. And it was a doosey. My husband was writhing in pain, and pills were not going to help. He was just throwing them up from being so nauseated. I began a regimen of peppermint, PanAway, and Deep Relief. I rubbed the oils on his feet, neck, and temples, and diffused the peppermint while he tried to relax in the bathtub. Very quickly, he was back in bed, and I kept the diffuser going, and added peppermint to his stomach to help aid with the nausea. He was not instantly healed, but we were able to avoid a trip to the hospital for IV fluids, and he was sleeping off the migraine within the hour.

And, as soon as he was asleep, I rinsed the diffuser, put in some lavender, and took it to the room where our baby sleeps. Marian is the most non-sleeping baby in history I think! She was 9 months old, and we had yet to go more than three hours sleeping. I turned that machine on, eased myself into my bed, and crashed. And did not know anything until seven the next morning! It was a full NINE HOURS of uninterrupted sleep! Y'all, that right there was worth every.single.penny.

This is just a start of how oils are changing our lives. From cleaning products, sore muscles, stomach virus and more, I have lots to share with you. And I would love for you to join me in our adventure! Purchasing the Premium Starter Kit is the most economical way to start your journey.  And with a Premium Starter Kit and member sign up, purchase, I will send you a free reference book to help you learn how to use your new essential oils! Be sure to use my member number 1638227 when you sign up so you can get your free guide.

*I am not a doctor. I am a Mom looking for ways to naturally treat ailments in our home. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. And yes, buy purchasing anything from these links, I will receive compensation. However, all opinions and statements are mine and completely unsolicited from the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment