Thursday, November 1, 2012

Preparing for Advent - Day 1

This month, I am going through this book, Preparing My Heart for Advent by Ann Marie Stewart.  I had no plans to post about it, but have felt compared to share. If nothing else, it will help to keep me accountable. And please be gracious, I am posting from my notes, and will keep this very raw.
 

Today's main reading comes from Zechariah 7:11-13
11 “But they refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear. 12 Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Thus great wrath came from the Lord of hosts. 13 Therefore it happened, that just as He proclaimed and they would not hear, so they called out and I would not listen,” says the Lord of hosts. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts: The Jewish people refused to pay attention, turned their backs, stopped listening, and turned their hearts to stone. Because of their actions, God's action was to not listen when they called to Him.

My prayer for today:

Lord, create in me a clean heart. Soften it with your love. Prepare me for Your Advent-Your coming- in my heart, our family, and this time of joy. Draw me to you so I will overflow with Your Grace. Take my fingers from my ears, turn me toward You so I may be fact to face with my Redeemer. Come, Emmanuel, Come!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment