Monday, April 1, 2013

Welcome!!

Welcome to my new home, friends both old and new. After my sad, shameful attempt for a new place, my sister-in-law, Teri Lynne hooked me up with Melanie from Elegant Custom Blogs, and I have a wonderful new blog!! I don't have everything updated, and sorted into the cute menus and such, but I just couldn't wait to show off Melanie's work!! So bear with me as I update the last of what I need to do, and enjoy looking around where you can.

This week, I am excited to share with you some of my new thoughts, ideas, and ponderings.  As well as your favorites, the giveaways!! There are books, a locket, and an Amazon gift card all up for grabs. I know you won't want to miss it!

I will be spending the next few days/weeks explaining the want for the new blog, and of course the name.  There is just so much to say! But let me start at the beginning, and explain how the idea was even started. I was reading through Ephesians, and a verse just would not let go of me.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."  Eph. 2:10 (NKJV)
 
It just kept replaying over and over in my mind. Workmanship. Workmanship. Workmanship. I looked up that word, and there are numerous verses speaking of the workmanship, or craftsmanship going into the holy relics of the temple. Time, effort, precise work, perfection. And that was God's fallen creation making those. Here I am, being the workmanship of the Creator himself. And my mind began to be renewed. Hearing myself tell people I was "just a Mom", or "oh, I just stay home taking care of the house and such" began to sound sickly to me.  So my heart and mind are being transformed. Standing up, firm, believing I am something extraordinary. Not because I am Super Mom, or because I have done something special. But because I am being crafted by God Himself. God is extraordinary and does extraordinary things through his faithful servants.

I am not famous; I don't have a claim to fame. Nor am I an expert about anything. But as I endeavour, I will share with you how in each aspect of my life, I am striving to be Anything but Ordinary.

 

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy and excited for you! Can't wait to see all that you share with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... It's been a while since a came across such an accurate and relevant post. Excellent post from a genius.

    ReplyDelete