Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I need my mama!

I'm sick. I hate being sick. I don't do sick. I have three sweet, adorable children who are oozing green and yellow stuff out of their noses. And of course, they shared with me. My eyes hurt. I can feel great big globs of gook sliding down the back of my throat. My throat burns. My ear canal itches. And worse of all, my joints ache, and my body is sore. I took my temp hoping that I wasn't feverish, but secretly wanting to be so I could curl up in my bed and ignore the world for a couple of days. No fever. In fact, according to the thermometer, I'm dead. My temp was 95.2 degrees. Maybe that's why I am so cold. But no rest for the mom. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful husband who has taken over most of the kid stuff. But even then, Mom has to be mom. Especially when Dad is a pastor. Sometimes duty calls. So here's hoping for a fast recovery. I'd hate to be bad company this weekend. But I'll be happy as long as I can properly taste my food. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry! I was sick last week with all that sinus junk. Had to get an antibiotic. Yucky!! I am so loving your blog. I have sent it to several of my friends - all of whom believe you should be submitting these things (like the swimming mishap) to magazines. You could be making money off your family! Anyway, just wanted you to know that I am reading even though I don't comment very often. Take care - of yourself and all those other OK Busters (both in Milfay & Jones!).
    Love you, TL

    ReplyDelete