Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Glory and Gratitude. With a Side of Humility

Again, today, I just don't know where to start.  Yesterday, I wrote a post that really kind of put us out there. I almost didn't publish it. No one wants to admit to the true hardships they are going through. You just don't want to be THAT person. Especially, it seems, when the struggles are financial.  But I really felt that I was supposed to let that story be told, so with great trepidation, I sent our story into the cyber world.


I was a little worried about the response. What would people think? What would our family say? Would we be pitied? The real worry was the judgment. Because people sticking their nose in my business really gets my dander up. But there I was, inviting everyone in to our mess.

And of course, when I let go, and stepped in faith, God was there. I got busy doing other things in the house, and completely didn't see what was happening here at the blog.  And I rested in Him.

And what an outpouring I discovered when I looked back in on things last night! There were words of encouragement. Stories of faith. Quiet acknowledgements of those who are in similar situations as us. I was just blown away. And not one negative word. Zilch. I am still shaking my head.

So to those that we encouraging I say thank you. Your words were a balm to my heart.

For those of you who are struggling, thank you for trusting me with your story and heart. You have no idea how much that means to me. And know that you are being prayed over and loved over from here.

And to those who decided that action was needed. Well, thank you just isn't enough. I am beyond humbled that you would send us gift cards, buy us things from our wish list, and offer the help that you have. Thank you for answering the call God put in your life, to minister to another.

God has been at work. I was just forgetting to look up from my despair to see it. So to Him goes the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment