Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Too Young to be Old

I went to the local doctor's office Monday. I never go to a doctor.  Unless I am pregnant. And no, I'm not pregnant. That tells you how concerned I was. There was a very odd, strange rash on my torso, and it wasn't getting any better.  In fact, it was blistering.  I was in the office with the nurse for about 30 seconds, and she laughed and said, "Shingles. Definitely shingles."  Seriously.  I'm 37 years old. In my head, that is an old person's disease.  What joy.  I was told to expect lots of itching, pain, and discomfort.  She just kept giving me great news! I have since found out, that once you have had the chicken pox, you have a dormant virus that can cause shingles AT ANY TIME!! Way not cool.

Well, I have done fairly well. Monday night I was pretty miserable. But it was more mental than anything. I was running a low grade fever, only had some minor nerve pain, but no one would come near me. I had the plague after all. I just wanted to be held.

So Tuesday, the itching was getting a little crazy. I had been administering CalaGel, but still, it itched. And since I had lots of time on my hands, I was doing tons of reading on the Internet. And ran across the wonderful blog My Blessed Life by that dear sweet woman, Myra.  And she talked about detox baths. A long soak in the tub sounded wonderful.  And if I could amp it up a little to aid in pain and itching relief, well that would be the proverbial icing on the cake.  So to the tub I went armed with Epsom Salts, essential oils, and a book. It was wonderful. I took my bath right before lunch, and had complete relief until eight o'clock that night when some of the itching returned, and just a few twinges. I was THRILLED!

 
 
I just added two cups of the salt to the bottom of my dry tub, and dropped four drops of Valor, and four drops of Thieves to the salt. I mixed it well by hand, being sure to incorporate the oils to the salt well. Then I ran my warm bath water, and soaked.  There was tingling (the good kind), and some sweating (that's the detox), and relaxation.  Once I finished, I made sure to rehydrate with some ice water and lemon oil. (P.S. Don't use too much Epsom Salt.  Otherwise, you will have problems. Like that whole thing about short term relief of constipation. WHAT?!)
 
I am definitely a new convert to detox baths!! Please let me know if I can help you with any purchase of Essential Oils, or if you have questions I could answer for you! For more information on Young Living Oils I love please click here and here.
 
*I am not a doctor. I am a Mom looking for ways to naturally treat ailments in our home. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. And yes, buy purchasing anything from these links, I will receive compensation. However, all opinions and statements are mine and completely unsolicited from the company. If you would like to order from me, please visit www.youngliving.com and use my distributor number 163227

No comments:

Post a Comment